Repair to a Kala Ukulele with a separated neck joint
This Kala Ukulele has been given a rather hard knock on the back of the headstock. The result has separated the neck from the body. The job involved cleaning all the old glue off both sides of the joint. Next I had to work out how to clamp the joint. I decided to put some wood inside the uke under the neck between the neck and the back. Next step was to re glue and place the instrument face down on the work bench with a piece of wood under the fretboard. Then I put some weight on the back of the uke to squeeze the joint together. After the glue had dried I restrung the uke and it was as good as new.